Friday, April 11, 2008

Impossibly Good!



So last night I was off to Target for some "Mom time," ( thanks to recent GC comments by Elder Ballard) and as I aimlessly strolled around the store I stumbled upon these "fruit crisps". I was in the mood for a treat, but not something that would blow a good day of exercising and healthy eating. So since the chips were 2 for 5 I thought I'd give them a try. Of course the chips were packaged to look organic and super healthy, and as I read the calorie content they surely would be better than say, a bag of Cheetos. Anyway, on my way home I broke open a bag and what a delight! They were like fruit... like a chip... like DELICIOUS... and very satisfying. I ate the 14 chips allotted for the 140 calories and 4 grams of fat and was almost too full :) to finish the final fourteenth. I compared them to the Cheetos I had at home and for the same serving Cheetos had 160 calories and 10! grams of fat. So I've concluded that not only were the berry crisps surprisingly yummy, but more satisfying and healthier than some other form of junk food!
I think on my next road trip to the Motherland I'll grab me a DC and bag of these baked fruit crisps and settle in for a nice drive! Give em' a try and let me know what you think... I think there are about 5-6 different varieties.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the tomato kind....i forget what it's called, but i like those....you should try it! i will try your kind!!!! they sound good! :)

Nicole said...

I have never had the fruit kind before, I have bought a couple of the veggie versions in lou of chips. The cheddar ones are a favorite at my house. I have looked at the fruit variety a couple of times, it's good to know that they are tasty, I'll have to give them a try.

Sabra said...

Who are you, and what have you done with my Nic?!

megan said...

I'd like to know about the gastrointestinal effects of these snacks :)

Tiffany said...

They are some of my favorites!!

Katie said...

I spend my mom time at Target too. Although, I usually snack on something much more fattening- to really enjoy my time. I'll have to try these next time.

Sabra said...

I finally tried the fruit crisps, and I have to say...I'm in love!

The Bellyakers... said...

Serious? They look disgusting!

collette said...

I decided to try these after reading your blog entry. I've always wanted to buy a bag but wasn't sure I'd like them. I got the berry kind-they are so good. I'm glad I tried them.