Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I found this chair at Habitat for $10 and knew instantly that it had great potential. Despite it smelling like it came out of the Riv in Vegas, it had good bones and just needed a makeover. Unable to choose a fabric, Adrienne urged me to try something funky like this Amy Butler pattern. This is probably my all time favorite fabric of Amy's and thought my style could use some "funk." I'm not sure about the pleated skirt... I always tend to over embellish, but I really like the femininity of the skirt... The skirt also hides the chair's ghastly brass legs. It would be a little bit of work, but I could take the skirt off. Let me know what you think!
I've decided I'm going to put it in the corner of my kitchen as a time out chair. Little do my children know how fortunate they are to experience their punishment in such a sassy chair:)





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love the chair!

Dawn said...

That was a BEAST! I love it though. Keep the skirt. It adorable. I need some cute fabric for my ugly couch. Come and see it on the blog. IT's the 'booger' couch. Tom named it...

Katie said...

Wow!! I love it!

Katie said...

Where is Habit? I want a $10 chair/project.

The Dinner Belle said...

Fabulous!!! It turned out SOOOOO good. Keep the skirt - for sure.

Kenyon and Karyn said...

I love the skirt! You are AMAZiNG! The chair looks awesome!

megan said...

I liked the green...Kidding!! it looks awesome!

Sabra said...

Keep the skirt! It's so cute. Nice work. When did you change your lighting above the bar? The pendants?

Brandi said...

Love, love, love the chair! That's amazing that something soooo ugly could turn into something so darn cute! I'm impressed! Oh, and I vote for the skirt too!

Nicole said...

Nic you are amazing! I LOVE it!! The skirt is great too, I would keep it for sure.

collette said...

I love the fabric. The chair turned out beautiful.

Tia said...

ooh love it, need that fabric somewhere. Anxiously awaiting my tutorial!

Brandy said...

Keep the skirt, ditch the rollers. It's so pretty, Nic!