Tuesday, April 22, 2008

If all else fails, go for Carns!

I was asked to create some small centerpieces for a baby shower last weekend and thought, Oh, that's easy... small centerpiece with white flowers, no problem. Unfortunately, white flowers of my liking were not to be found in Prescott. AHHHH So stressing out at the last minute I begged the Costco lady to let me into the cooler. Lucky me there were four bunches of white carns waiting to made into something just lovely. Well "lovely" might not have been my initial response to carns ( I know, I know SKL, you wouldn't even consider a carn!) Unable to find any greens I resorted to limes and some lily grass and some other filler, both from bushes in my yard. I thought the final arrangement was quite lovely~



This is how I wrapped the lily grass together.


9 comments:

Katie said...

You are so talented. That is awesome! I love the limes- very cool touch!

The Dinner Belle said...

Those turned out SO pretty! I knew you could do it. Anything you touch turns to gold!

Sabra said...

Only you could turn carns into real flowers! Nice work, Nic!

Dawn said...

I would have never known! THey looked great on the tables, and what a shower! It was beautiful and a great turnout. Let me know when you're done planning that baptism, we'll get together for some craftin'

Tia said...

Thank you they look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Dear Nicole,
I needed to make "Thank You" notes for our Stake Relief Society Women's Conference, so I copy/pasted the bouquet for them! Thank you so much! I had to crop out the fork/napkin @ the bottom, but it worked!

Shirley Nelson

Dawn said...

Feel better soon, let me know if you need any help for this weekend!

An said...

You've got some serious skillz. I could never even begin to figure out how to do the things you do with flowers. I remember when Tami had her first baby and Dave wanted me to bring her several bunches of flowers and you arranged them in that beautiful vase with a bow, I was blown away.

Brandy said...

It is a great blessing to already be your friend, since I can imagine the waiting list to become your friend just sky rockets after you show your amazing talents to the world. Thank you, Nic, for being my beautiful, talented, sassy friend! ;)