Thursday, January 24, 2008

I know this post comes a little late, but I still wanted to share this "sweet" Holiday gift idea. Two of my girlfriends and I decided to have a baking day to create delicious treats for our neighbors and friends before Christmas. Each of us came prepared to make 3 different goodies. After a full and fun day of baking, sampling, and a great lunch, we ended up with some really yummy stuff. It was a great way to spend time together as friends ( a highlight for me since we all are so busy around the Holidays and don't have much "girlfriend" time.) It also was fun to have an assortment of treats to give, not just the usual plate of cookies ( no offense cookie givers, I love a good cookie and I plan on serving "Lofthouse's" at my funeral, love em'.) All together we made Baklava, caramels, key lime fudge, pecan bars, chocolate cherry mice, peanut butter buckeyes, and last but not least, marshmellows coated in caramel and rice crispies. Divine!
This is Adrienne's Baklava, it was the best I've ever had. I shipped some to the motherland and Coco said it was the best she's ever had... this coming from a women who would drag her 7 children ( o.k. maybe not all of us) to the SLC Greek Festival every year.
I wish I had a picture of our plates all wrapped up. They looked to pretty!
And finally, drum roll please, Crispy, caramel coated marshmellows! These were suprisingly delicious. I can't wait for an opprotunity to make them. Thanks Meg and Ade!

7 comments:

Sabra said...

Wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

sister mangum....when are we going to have a "girlfriend day"? you know, you and me? gff!! (girlfriends forever! lol) j/k home girl, looks fun, and yummy! seriously though, who's idea was it to let you three teenagers get together....that's trouble, right there! lol, HEY! and what the heck...why is it funny that I said joshin'? I say it at LEAST 13 times a day....gosh! lol....well anyways, keep smiling, keep laughing, keep crying, and keep that bishop in line:)(don't tell him I said that, I talk TOO much in church already)lol, oh, btw, camielle was SO cute ice skating last week, I wish noelle was there...:( I think I've wrote you a novel, so enjoy! peace out home slice

Dawn said...

It was so yummy! Thanks for bringing one over. It didn't last long. Count me in next year!

Anonymous said...

i love you, and admire you so much, I just wanted to tell you.


*this is kelsey btw, I changed my name, yet again.

The Dinner Belle said...

The highlight of my holidays as well. Can't beat being surrounded by chocolate and good friends! I think I'm craving a caramel marshmallow right now.

Anonymous said...

looks divine... and sounds like you've found a new tradition! love catching up via the blog...!!

Anonymous said...

i love you.