Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good Times in San Diego!

Before the summer passes by I thought I ought to post a bit about our week in San Diego with Brett's family. We had such a good time at the beach, Lego Land, in our fancy hotel in Indio, and of course, a fun and memorable time with family. The highlight of the trip was the tribute dinner and evening we planned for my father-in-law, Dick. All of his children shared such wonderful thoughts about their father and I left feeling grateful to be apart of such a good family. My kids loved playing at the beach with their cousins and I was content to sit and watch the waves with my Ipod. The weather was beautiful, our beach house very accommodating, and simply, just a very relaxed vacation that was much needed around here!

No fancy hats at this polo match! Just good ol' times, with good ol' friends!
Brett and good 'ol Dollar. Both of them worked up quite a sweat.
Noelle with her cousins, Reece, and Tate. They loved the beach and played non-stop!
I think this is Camille and Claira. AKA: Partners in Crime
This was before we entered into Lego Land. We aren't much for amusement parks but we had a great time. The weather was perfect and so were the rides for our kids ages. I just couldn't get over the vegetation of the park- it's soooo green and beautiful flowers everywhere! I loved these matching T-shirts that Uncle Jason had made for the family. I thought it was the perfect Family Reunion shirt. Their all BIG BLUE fans and if you don't look closely you will think it says MICHIGAN!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

that looks like a great week! We LOVE San Diego and our great friends. I love the beach, except for he sand?? We'd visited Legoland, it was neat to see all of the built legos, but realized that we are Disney Land SNOBS! Now, how was the visit to the motherland??

Katie said...

Cute pictures. Looks like a great vacation. My kids would love to do all that.

The Patrona said...

The pictures of the babies at lego land remind me of the one we took in California. Where Dad was wearing neon green and yellow slip ons, and we all looked like orphans. Fabulous!

Harris Family said...

So for some reason when I first came onto your blog it showed me your first posts from last year-your family photos. So I left a comment there, but I'm glad I looked again and saw you had some more recent posts.
You probably don't know who this is-Tiffani (Tucker) Harris. I found your blog on Aubry's blog! Your photos are so so cute. I can't believe how big Noelle is-it has been a long time since you lived in Michigan I guess. Well your family is just beautiful!

Brandi said...

Looks like a fun week at the beach. We are going in a couple weeks and it is such a great vacation because there is so much relaxation time. I love it!

Kelsey Claire said...

your family is so cute. p.s. camille is like, me.......13 years ago.

wow.
that's weird to say.

but yeah.

love the pictures.

Carolyn said...

Holly Cow how are you? Wow you have4 kids. We are only one behind you. Check out my blog.
-Carolyn