Friday, June 13, 2008

Hard Work

"Thank God--every morning when you get up--that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you a hundred virtues which the idle never know."~ Charles Kingsley ~
Today I would like to be idle and go to the pool, go shopping, watch Tevo-ed Top Chef, and So you thing you can dance,............. but instead I will iorn, sew, sweep and mop floor, start the laundry, clean my car, and prepare for visiting the Motherland next week. My parents forced me to work hard, and for this one life- lesson they taught me, I am ever grateful that I was called home from school to clean my room, carry luggage and bags of food up slick, steep mountains, load logs into buggies, wipe off tubs, clean storage rooms, pick berries and apricots until my hands were bloody, and haul bucket after bucket of water out of the pump house.
So tackle your tasks, get the job done, and think of the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when all is complete!
Thanks Tiff for the great quote!

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Reading that post sounded just like a page from Grandma Mary's journal! You sound like a great woman! So you got the work them hard Wright style too??

Brandy said...

You're coming to the Motherland? I want to get together. Is that possible? I'm missing you and I would love to take you out to lunch for your birthday!!!! Email me with your availability. LOVE YOU!

The Patrona said...

Did you forget about picking up pinecones? Oh wait, that wasn't you. That was me. You were busy scrubbing baseboards with a toothbrush. I swear our father is Warren Jeffs.

The Patrona said...

How long until "The Wright Way"? I'm ready to be your slave....