Monday, June 2, 2008

Noelle's Baptism

Wow! My little girl is growing up. It seems like only yesterday that Noelle entered this world as our perfect, adorable, baby girl. I remember bringing her home from the hospital and being so excited to have this sweet little baby to love on that I couldn't sleep. I would just stand by her crib and was filled with amazement at what a blessing she was. Of course she still is that adorable, amazing girl, but with just a bit of sass!
Now 8 years later it was another sweet blessing to see Noelle baptised and confirmed a member of the Church. I really wanted Noelle's baptism to be special and memorable for her. We made the usually preparations for the event and really tried to teach her about the gift of the Holy Ghost and the promises she would make with Heavenly Father. Everything went as planned and I am grateful to all the family members and friend who also assisted in making Noelle's baptism special. Each of her Grandmother's gave beautiful talks that I think really touched her heart. It's kind of silly, but I think I'll remember Noelle's baptism better than my own. I'll never forget seeing Noelle's face and the hug she gave me as she walked out of the water and into the dressing room towards me... such a BIG smile full of genuine joy! I know that the Spirit was present at Noelle's baptism and I pray that she will never forget those sweet feelings of peace, happiness, and love.


Due to my lack of pictures, ( I'm so bad at taking pictures during special occasions,) I thought I would post this picture I had found that Brett had taken after her baptismal interview. The smiles on both of their faces and their teary eyes says it all. I think the interview was quite the the Daddy-Daughter bonding moment for them. I should be more grateful to have such a husband who teaches his children so well and delights in sharing his unwavering testimony with them at any given opportunity.


Thanks again to all of you who helped make this day unforgettable!


.

8 comments:

Katie said...

What a great post. You are such a great mother and have such a neat family. Love the pictures. So sweet.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabra said...

Finally!

Thanks for inviting us! It was an honor to share in the special event.

Dawn said...

What a great memory! I still remember mine, and can't wait for Meg's!

The Patrona said...

It wasn't that long ago that she was playing with your nail polishes on the floor in Michigan! Where does the time go? Now she's a MAP. Mormon American Princess. How lovely.

Tam said...

Yea! I am so glad you found me. I've wondered a lot what you are up to. Your family is darling.I'd love to get together (although I have no idea where Prescott is). We've lived in AZ 2 1/2 years and love it in PHX. Your family is darling. Your oldest daughter looks so much like you. She is gorgeous. I'm still amazed at how creative you are. You are way too talented! Wish I had an ounce of your creativity! Stay in touch and lets get together!

Tiffany said...

I wish I could have been there. I bet it was a day she won't forget either.

Anonymous said...

awe.
i love these pictures.
the first one is so beautiful.
did megan take that one?
well....
your daughter is so gorgeous.
and the 2nd picture is so sweet.
it kinda makes me want to cry....
because you can just see the spirit beaming from noelle wherever she goes. seriously. she is such a strong little girl. she is going to be that girl....the one everyone looks at, and says, "wow, i wish i was like her." honestly, she is. I say that....and i'm older than her. shes totally one of the most amazing little girls, and i feel so lucky to know her. honestly.
okay.
yeah.
anyways. i want to hang out with her....so i'll call you as soon as i get back from girls camp wednesday. i work the rest of that week, but not until later on some of the days....so yeah, during the day, we can figure something fun out...:) well. okay. i guess i'll see yah later! :) love
kelsey.