Monday, March 17, 2008

Slow Recovery

It's crazy how life just sneaks up on you and Bam!- 2 months have passed you by. I feel as if someone in my family has been sick for the last 2 months and finally the yuckiness caught up to me. To bad for me, I was sick the last 3 weekends, 2 of which I was free of my sweet children... whom I love dearly. The first weekend was food poisoning at Red Robin and I'll never eat there again. The second weekend was the beginning of this nasty cold which led to the 3rd weekend of a ruptured ear drum and near pneumonia... all of which so conveniently occurred during my solo trip to the Motherland to hang with my sissies. But, despite my sickness I had a fabulous time with my family. I wish I had taken more pictures, especially of all the cute babies that are running around my parents these days. So cute... I can't wait for Durango so my kids can play with their cousins!


Speaking of Durango... this picture shows what we're headed for. It's spring break for my family and my sis, Amb, has organized a fabulous week of family fun at her cabin for all of us. We spend most of our time playing games, playing on the mountain ( sledding like you've never seen before), eating great food, and watching movies. It is great time to relax, especially for all the husbands! I love the snow, especially this kind of snow, because it reminds of my childhood. I think there is nothing more beautiful than seeing freshly fallen snow... especially in the mountains. It makes me homesick for the slopes. I sure miss those days and since I'm now an AZ gal I better find ways to have fun in the sun!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

wow 600 strawberries! No wonder you ended up with pnemonia! They look (almost) too good to eat! I love the apron, it's so sassy. Keep posting your great projects, I love to see them!

The Dinner Belle said...

Hey, I'd love to know what the "Durango Menu" is. Yummy stuff I bet!!! Have fun.