Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Often times I feel like I need a photo to go with my posts. But since my computer is dying and I can't add any photo's from my new camera, I guess all my Christmas photo's will have to wait. We did order a new computer for Christmas, but it was delayed in shipping and won't be up and ready until the middle of January. Anyways, I was checking out one of my favorite textile designers, Amy Butler, and discovered she is now selling items from her website, http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/. I fell in love with her designs about six years ago when I found sample packs of her first line of fabric in a quilting store in Yuma. I bought the packs for about $15 and that was enough fabric to make a quilt for my best friend, Sabra. (I wish I had a photo of the quilt to show.) Now 6 years later, you see her fabric everwhere... aprons, pillows, purses, bags, stationary, scrapbooking. I absolutely love, love her style (about as much as Ana candles.) She's very popular among ebay, and that's probably the best place to shop for her fabric unless you have a local quilting store that sells it. She states her style as "midwest modern"and I think that fits her designs perfectly. Here's some pics of Amy's creations or items you can create yourself!
I am determined to create one of these bags this year. I absolutely love the bow!
No I did not cover this chair, but if given the opprotunity....



This look just screamed "Amberlee."





I love her stationary!



This was Amy's booth and the International Quilt Show. Wish I could have been there.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I love those prints! I'm getting ready to buy my couch fabric this month, wish me luck!

An said...

I think my mom was at that quilt show...the one in Houston? She made me a baby quilt for Esther with Amy Butler fabrics.

Cynthia said...

Nicole,
Hi, my name is Cynthia. I noticed you have a link to my blog on your blog....I'm going to feel really bad if somehow we know each other but I can't quite make the link. Of course, with blogs, nobody really 'know' anybody anymore, right? I can tell we have a few things in common--we love Amy Butler designs and we're LDS. So please, share our link of how we 'know' each other, if there is one!

In looking at statcounter.com, tonss of links to my blog come from your blog, so thanks!

:) Cynthia
applejacks26@yahoo.com