Friday, November 30, 2007

Here's just a little bit of wisdom my sister sent to me this week. Loved it, thought I'd share it!



"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coifed, and with long perfectly manicured nails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smidge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

- Sis. Marjorie Pay Hinckley

3 comments:

megan said...

Ahh you got my quote :) One of the girls read this at YWIE and I loved it...and want it on a storyboard...I started crying when she was reading it 'cause I was sitting there in my dress with smeared food all over it and had forgotten to clean the visible hand prints off of it...lovely...but life!!

Anonymous said...

I am printing that one off and hanging it in my bathroom. Thanks for sharing...

Sabra said...

I'm not too sure about this quote. I like the idea of looking perfect and driving a sports car. It's not going to happen in this life, so can't I hope for the next?! Ha ha ha!

~SK~