Friday, September 7, 2007




Here's Jr. Miss Chili Sauce 2007! Camille and I have been peeling, chopping, and stewing tomato's for about the last 24 hours. Camille would slip the skins off the warm tomato's and then I would chop them. She was a great helper and loved being included in one of Mom's many projects.

By the way, this ain't your Grandma's county fair. I can't say much about what I preserve. Nobody cares today how well your peaches are peeled or how precise your tomato's are cut. Simply getting dinner on the table ( Ramen, Mac n'cheese, cheese crips,) hopefully will win me the crown. Sometimes ya just have to say "Get er'done!"

Making chili sauce is a tradition in my family and I'd like to continue it for as long as I can. For those of you who don't know what chili sauce is, it is like a sweet and tangy salsa. If you go to Dave's Diner you just have to have it on your tatties and eggs!

1 comments:

Amberlee said...

This darling "chili sauce" experience you've shared makes me homesick for Coco's: remember all our mother/daughter jamming & canning experiences? Memories of those times warm my heart and someday I want us girls to meet at Black Bear to have our jamming/canning parties!